DSL-Magazin.deDSL-PROVIDERTelekom

langsam T-DSL

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
| Druckvorschau | An Freund senden
Gehe zu
Seiten (3): 123» Thema zu eigenen Favoriten hinzufügen
Beitrag Surfen wie mit 56k modem... | Telekom Teledat 630 läuft nicht über t-olnine software 4 + 5
vasyl ist offline vasyl

Starter

24.Sep.2003 21:22 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie vasyl in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an vasyl senden Beiträge von vasyl suchen
langsam T-DSL

Dear DSL experts,

I hope that some of you can read English, writing German is still too hard for me.

Two months ago I got 768 kb/s T-DSL and GMX internet. Recently I noticed that my DSL is slow. The maximum speed it can now achieve is something about 345 kb/s (previously I really have something about 720 kb/s). I tried to download files from different sites from USA, Germany and other countries including Microsoft, Arcor, T-OnLine and many others. I measured the speed with all tools I could find including T-DSL SpeedManager. The result is always the same - 345 kb/s, and doesn’t depend on particular time or day of the week.

Of course I’ve already called to Telecom. I was told that they checked my line and they are sure this is not their problem. They absolutely sure that problem is in my computer or dsl modem or driver. They also told me that they can send me a technician but I must pay for his visit.
That’s why I’m trying to solve this problem by myself.

Do you have any idea what I can do speed up my DSL to 768 kb/s?
All answers in both German and English are very much appreciated.

P.S. Please don’t advise to switch to Arcor, it’s not available in the area where I live J

Configuration:

Standalone computer (no local network),
Intel Pentium 4, 1.8 GHz,
259 MB RAM,
WinXP SP1,
FRITZ!DSL SL with newest drivers,
Native WinXP firewall with default settings,
T-DSL + GMX internet
Dial-Up connection (but also tried FRITZ!web DSL)
No router.
No file-sharing software such as emule.
Tooltip in taskbar always shows connection speed 832 kb/s.

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden
fun35 ist offline fun35 fun35 ist männlich

Fachmann

Herkunft: Niederrhein
25.Sep.2003 01:27 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie fun35 in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an fun35 senden Beiträge von fun35 suchen
RE: langsam T-DSL

Hey!

Well I try to answer in english and I hope you'll forgive me one or more mistakes.

That your download is not 720 kb is not a question how fast you can download than more a question how fast the other side can upload.

As you know with DSL you can upload 10kb.

Try the following:

selekt 2 or three downloads at the same time and look if your dowload goes over 345kb ....

If the standalone download ist as fast as your simultanious download of 3 Files i think you have a prob with your settings.

you can also switch off the XP Firewall. This is often a problem of worse DSL downloads.

But before you try to change on the settings try my solution .....

CU

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von fun35 am 25.Sep.2003 01:30.

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden
Speedy ist offline Speedy Speedy ist männlich

Top-User

Herkunft: Mexiko :)
25.Sep.2003 09:24 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie Speedy in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an Speedy senden Beiträge von Speedy suchen

Hey and welcome vasyl to our DSL-Magazin Board,

nice to have ya here. smile

to your problem, i dont think that this is your fault, that you cant get maximum speed. please check on a 100% fast site the download.
for examble http://dl.gamedemos.de/Demos/TW2004DemoSMV3.zip test to download this demo from a game ( It's my Homepage großes Grinsen )

If you have this problem from this page .. it must be a fault from the Telecom. Maybe you can call with them and say, that a "special agent" from the telekom comes to you and check whats going on. Maybe they should only restart the Ports.
Please tell me your downloadspeed from my page. Augenzwinkern großes Grinsen

so long .. best greetz

Endress ist offline Endress Endress ist männlich

Ultra-User

Herkunft: Deutschland
25.Sep.2003 12:16 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie Endress in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an Endress senden Beiträge von Endress suchen

Hey vasyl,

another possibility, check your speed on this page.

http://www.speedmeter.de

on the left menu is the second link (Speedtest).
When you test it, don't forget to switch off your firewall.
Pleas post the result.

so long
Endress

Für den Optimisten ist das Glas halb voll,
für den Pessimisten halb leer.
Der Realist verdrückt sich beizeiten,
damit er nicht abwaschen muß.

Leite ist offline Leite Leite ist männlich

Freak

Herkunft: Bayern
Füge Leite in deine Contact-Liste ein AIM Screenname: Leite1105 YIM Screenname: Leite1105
25.Sep.2003 12:34 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie Leite in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an Leite senden Beiträge von Leite suchen

Zitat:
Original von Speedy
http://dl.gamedemos.de/Demos/TW2004DemoSMV3.zip test to download this demo from a game ( It's my Homepage großes Grinsen )

[off topic]
was isn das fürn spiel? (ich lads grad großes Grinsen)

[/off topic]

Seiten (3): 123»
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen

Triple Play · DSL Verfügbarkeit · Vodafone · Toptarif finden · Flatrate · DSL 16000 · Breitband · UMTS · congstar