DSL-Magazin.deDSL-HARDWAREDSL-Modems

3Com modem compatible with TDSL (ISP is Kamp-dsl)?

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
| Druckvorschau | An Freund senden
Gehe zu
Thema zu eigenen Favoriten hinzufügen
Beitrag Adapter DSL-Modem | DSL Störung durch Telefon
Marty H ist offline Marty H Marty H ist männlich

Starter

22.Apr.2005 07:15 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie Marty H in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an Marty H senden Beiträge von Marty H suchen
Fragezeichen 3Com modem compatible with TDSL (ISP is Kamp-dsl)?

Hi everyone,

Last monday Deutschen Telekom prepared my (analog) phone line for T-DSL 3000. And that same day my provider (Kamp-DSL) sent me my login details.

It happens to be that I still have my "old" ADSL modem lying around, being a 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72 Modem/Router/Firewall. So I thought I'd give it a try with this modem first.
However, due to my busy schedule I was only able to spend an hour so far trying to get a connection. But no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work. The Sync LED doesn't even blink or anything verwirrt

Because I'm absolutely not familiar with the differences between "regular" ADSL and T-DSL I'm wondering if my modem will even work with this type of DSL.

Does anyone know if my 3Com modem will work or what the requirements are for modems to work with T-DSL? Or do I *have* to buy a special TDSL modem?

By the way, as a Connection Type I've selected PPPoE (assuming this is what I need to select..). And I've changed MTU to 1460 just like Kamp suggested. All other settings (such as VPI/VCI and Encapsulation) are still set to default.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me,
Marty (who's German is still not good enough to write this in Germanrotes Gesicht )

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden
AndreDsl ist offline AndreDsl AndreDsl ist männlich

Super Moderator

Herkunft: Lübeck
22.Apr.2005 09:25 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie AndreDsl in Ihre Freundesliste auf Beiträge von AndreDsl suchen
RE: 3Com modem compatible with TDSL (ISP is Kamp-dsl)?

Hello,
what kind of modem do you have? Is it a foreigen modem? I know that modems from different countries do not work in germany.
Normally it should work because the PPPOE selection is right.
But the sync lamp should be green!
Ift the lamp is red the "DSL-PORT" at the T-Com could be broken.

If the modem is for german use maybe ist could be broken?

And sorry for my english, it is a long time ago that i have been in school! Augenzwinkern

Greetings André

Wenn Dummheit ein Bodenschatz wäre, dann wäre Deutschland reicher als Saudi Arabien!

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von AndreDsl am 22.Apr.2005 09:28.

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden

Starter

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Marty H

22.Apr.2005 09:45 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie Marty H in Ihre Freundesliste auf Email an Marty H senden Beiträge von Marty H suchen
RE: 3Com modem compatible with TDSL (ISP is Kamp-dsl)?

Zitat:
Original von AndreDsl
Hello,
what kind of modem do you have? Is it a foreigen modem? I know that modems from different countries do not work in germany.

I bought my modem in The Netherlands, but as far as I can tell from the 3Com site there are 2 versions of this modem. One for USA/Canada and one for the rest of the world. It has always worked before I moved to Germany, so I guess it should work just fine in Germany too.
Zitat:

Normally it should work because the PPPOE selection is right.
But the sync lamp should be green!
Ift the lamp is red the "DSL-PORT" at the T-Com could be broken.

If the modem is for german use maybe ist could be broken?

I also tried it with another modem (a Zyxel 650). Same results though.

Yesterday morning I sent an email to Kamp-dsl asking them to check if everything is OK with the line. No news so far böse.

The only thing I can still check is whether the cable between the splitter and the modem is wired correctly. The cable is fully straight wired, so it should be fine though...
Zitat:

And sorry for my english, it is a long time ago that i have been in school! Augenzwinkern

No need to apologize. I should be the one being ashamed for my lousy German Augenzwinkern

Marty

AndreDsl ist offline AndreDsl AndreDsl ist männlich

Super Moderator

Herkunft: Lübeck
22.Apr.2005 11:23 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Nehmen Sie AndreDsl in Ihre Freundesliste auf Beiträge von AndreDsl suchen

Hello,
then maybe the DSL-Port whitch you get from the T-Com yould be broken.
Nornally the modem makes a constant connection to the DSL Port. You can see that when the lamp is green.
Tell them your modem doesn´t make the sync lamp green and ask them for a PORT-Reset!

Greetings, André

Wenn Dummheit ein Bodenschatz wäre, dann wäre Deutschland reicher als Saudi Arabien!

Starter

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Marty H

24.Apr.2005 14:33 Zum Anfang der Seite springen
Re: .

Hi,

For those of you who might be interested, I thought I'd give a small update on my "problem". So here goes....

My Dutch 3Com modem does not work overhere. That's the whole deal...

So I've now bought a Sinus 154 DSL SE and the DSL indicator went on immediately fröhlich

Thanks for the help, Andre!

Auf wiedersehen,
Marty

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen

Triple Play · DSL Verfügbarkeit · Vodafone · Toptarif finden · Flatrate · DSL 16000 · Breitband · UMTS · congstar